The Tower Automotive Building, 158 Sterling Road, is a piece of TORONTO’s industrial past

The Tower Automotive Building in TORONTO’s west end is the tallest structure for several kilometres around.  And it’s empty – a remnant of our city’s industrial past, near the crossover of the Carlton and Dundas streetcar lines.

ARTSPIN3

Built in 1920, the structure had a long history making aluminum, sheet-casting and automotive parts. In 2005 it was designated a heritage site and then shortly thereafter, closed.  It stands abandoned, occasionally accessed by graffiti artists, photographers and urban explorers.  PHOTOS BELOW – Vic Gedris, http://www.junctiontriangle.ca

ARTSPIN2

ARTSPIN5

Advertisements