TORONTO Power Generating Station, NIAGARA FALLS (now retired)

TORONTOPOWERBuilt in the Beaux-Arts-style and designed by architect E. J. Lennox, this station provided electric power for the City of Toronto from 1906 until February 15, 1974.  In its prime, it had a generating capacity of 137,500 horsepower.  Now the station is a national heritage site, maintained by the Niagara Parks Commission.  <PHOTO – Mike Garrett>