UNBELIEVABLE THAT OLD TRINITY COLLEGE WAS DEMOLISHED – BUT IT WAS – ONLY THE GATES REMAIN

This magnificent agglomeration was home to the University of TORONTO’s Trinity College from 1852 to 1925.  It was situated on the present-day site of Trinity-Bellwoods Park, on Queen Street West.  The photos above and below were taken around 1890, and are provided by the City of Toronto Archives.

<PHOTO ABOVE – The Provost’s Lodge, Trinity College>

All that’s left of the old Trinity College are the gates.  They’re now a landmark entrance to Trinity-Bellwoods Park.

Advertisements