WHO KNEW THAT UNDER MARTY MILLIONAIRE’S BLUE EXTERIOR WAS AN ELEGANT BRICK FACADE?

Built in 1907 and occupied for 36 years by Marty Millionaire’s furniture emporium, a three-storey Italianate low-rise will soon become Free the Children’s WE Learning Centre. This first class reno is in an east end neighbourhood (Queen E. at Parliament) that’s being gradually re-energized. <PHOTO ABOVE – booledozer/Wikimedia Commons>

It seems there once was a bowling alley upstairs.