COLOURFUL IMAGES FROM OUR COLOURFUL PAST – CITY OF TORONTO ARCHIVES

LOSTTORONTO1        <TOPS restaurant & tavern next door to the Biltmore 4-features Cinema>

LOSTTORONTO2<GERRARD STREET VILLAGE, between Yonge and Bay – demolished>

LOSTTORONTO9<THE ODEON CARLTON, with its giant pipe organ, 20 Carlton Street – demolished; peeking over the top right CBC ‘s free-standing television tower – demolished >

LOSTTORONTO5<1937>

LOSTTORONTO7

<PCC – Presidents’ Conference Committee red streetcars and a yellow track grinder>

LOSTTORONTO3<MILKMAN and his faithful steed, Toronto, 1900>

LOSTTORONTO8<Sam the Record Man, Yonge Street at Gould – replaced by Ryerson’s Student Learning Centre>

LOSTTORONTO12<The Better Way was the subway, and it still is, poster ca1960’s>

LOSTTORONTO6<Boating on Centre Island>  PHOTOS – City of Toronto Archives & Vintage Toronto – https://www.facebook.com/VintageToronto/photos

Advertisements

JUST IN CASE YOU’VE FORGOTTEN THE WAY WINTER SHOULD LOOK – HERE’S A REFRESHER!

Exterior view of store fronts at 1498 Queen Street West, Parkdale, with Humphrey gas arc lighting: Sutherland tobacco, A. Grapple shoes, F. G. Martin, grocer. - [ca. 1922]WINTER2 WINTER3<PHOTOS ABOVE from City of Toronto Archives – 1) Queen Street in Parkdale with gas arc lighting; 2) Overturned streetcar at Mutual and Queen Streets, 1944; 3) Elizabeth Street on February 12, 1912>