Lee’s Palace, 529 Bloor Street West near Lippincott Avenue, began its career as a luxury movie house back in the Roaring Twenties. Part of the Allen Chain, the Bloor Theatre opened in March, 1919. It was reincarnated as a restaurant, and in 1985 opened as Lee’s Palace, and is now a venerable live music venue.
TORONTO graffiti artist AL RUNT <PHOTO – Remi Carreiro/Torontoist> has made the Palace a local landmark, with his mural of friendly freaks and monsters. This is Mr. Runt’s third version of the mural in 25 years. It’s a stunner.