The Vineland Research and Innovation Centre, VINELAND in Southern Ontario, brings scientific and commercial interests under one roof. The 40,000-square-foot facility supports research, public education, and plant production. Architects: Baird Sampson Neuert Architects Inc. Image Credit: Richard Seck. Architectural Credit: Baird Sampson Neuert Architects Inc.
Double Duplex, TORONTO, is located in the Parkdale neighbourhood. The project is a response to the city’s need for alternative housing models within costly urban real estate. The site was split into two separate properties with a four-storey, 3,500-square-foot detached duplex residence constructed on the two sites. Architects: Batay-Csorba Architects, Toronto, ON. Image Credit: doublespace photography
McEwen School of Architecture at Laurentian University, SUDBURY, northern Ontario, is Canada’s first new architecture school in 40 years. Its mandate is to uniquely focus education on Indigenous, Anglophone and Francophone students. The project consists of two heritage buildings, a new studio wing and a new cross-timbered library wing. Image Credit: Bob Gundu. Architectural Credit: LGA Architectural Partners Ltd.
The 1927 Beaux Arts Wellington Building in OTTAWA with its 1959 addition, will soon become Canada’s temporary House of Commons for the next 25 years, while the original undergoes renovations on Parliament Hill. This will be the only office many parliamentarians will have during their tenure. Architect: NORR Architects & Engineers Limited. Heritage Conservation Architect: Architecture EVOQ inc. Images: doublespace photography