University of Trinity College, 6 Hoskin Avenue, is one of the smallest colleges (1600 students) within the University of Toronto. Founded by Anglican Bishop John Strachan in 1827, it was federated into the secular University under government pressure, in 1904.
Originally in Trinity-Bellwoods Park on Queen Street West, the present campus was erected between 1925 and 1961.
The chapel, built in 1955, was a gift from Salada Tea CEO Gerald Larkin. Trinity combines elements of Gothic Revival, Jacobethan and Tudor Revival architecture. Subway stop: WELLESLEY, and then westbound Bus #94 to Hoskin Avenue, or MUSEUM, then walk west half a block, and south down Philosopher’s Walk.