TORONTO’s Central Waterfront continues to sprout man-made monoliths as the city expands southward. PHOTO ABOVE – Steven Evans – http://www.stevenevansphotography.com/
Erected in 1917, the Toronto Harbour Commission Building once perched on the edge of a pier. That’s it in 1919 in the lower right corner. <City of Toronto Archives>
In 2016 infill has left the 6-storey structure on dry land, surrounded fore and aft by new skyscrapers, the Harbourfront Centre, three theatres, Queens Quay, the Power Plant contemporary art gallery, shops, a streetcar line and a cycling/walking trail.