The Tower Automotive Building in TORONTO’s west end is the tallest structure for several kilometres around. And it’s empty – a remnant of our city’s industrial past, near the crossover of the Carlton and Dundas streetcar lines.
Built in 1920, the structure had a long history making aluminum, sheet-casting and automotive parts. In 2005 it was designated a heritage site and then shortly thereafter, closed. It stands abandoned, occasionally accessed by graffiti artists, photographers and urban explorers. PHOTOS BELOW – Vic Gedris, http://www.junctiontriangle.ca