It’s only a few blocks long, but McCaul Street has its share of interesting buildings and places to see. It was named after JOHN McCAUL (1807-1887), a Dubliner, who moved to TORONTO in 1838, and went on to become the principal of Upper Canada College and president of the University of Toronto.
A devoted musician, JOHN McCAUL was also president of the Toronto Philharmonic Society from 1845-47.
Between Dundas and Queen Streets – St. Patrick’s Catholic Church, the Malabar Theatrical Costume Store, the Village Idiot Pub, the restaurants of Baldwin Street, Grange Park, the Art Gallery of Ontario, and the Ontario College of Art and Design University (OCADU). BELOW – OCADU’s Sharp Centre for Design (construction photo – David Richardson); architect – Will Alsop.