A 10,000 square foot Louis Vuitton Maison, the retailer’s highest-tier store format, recently opened at 150 Bloor Street West. Amongst other things, it offers “a haute maroquinerie service offering bespoke handbags”. TORONTO is one of only seven cities offering haute maroquinerie – the others being NYC, Paris, Milan, Shanghai, Taipei and Sydney.
BLOOR STREET is the most expensive place to do business in Canada. According to Colliers International, a major real estate consultant group, TORONTO tops the cost-per-square-foot list for luxury shopping districts in this country.
TOP 5 Canadian:
1) Bloor Street, Toronto, $310 US
2) Robson Street, Vancouver, $150 US
3) Alberni Street, Vancouver, $105 US
4) Rue De La Montagne, Montreal, $80 US
5) Spring Garden Road, Halifax, $70 US
TOP 3 Worldwide
1) Fifth Avenue, New York, $2,633 US
2) Canton Rd & Queens Rd, Hong Kong, $1,831 US
3) Old Bond Street, London, $1,602 US