The Alexandra Studio was established at 322 Queen Street West around 1870. In 1908, photographer Louis Turofsky bought it with $165 in borrowed cash, and went into partnership with his younger brother, Nathan.
Among their clients over the years – the Canadian National Exhibition, Ellis-Don, the International Union of Operating Engineers and the Subway Property Committee. The Turofsky’s photographs of life in early TORONTO are much valued today.
<PHOTOS BELOW – The Turofskys & friends outside Alexandra Studio, ca1950; Grey Cup “mudbowl”, Varsity Stadium, 1950; Eatons College Street, 1937; and King Street West at York, 1930’s.>